The Maze Runner
Here's a chance to live those days back again when you used to play video games like
Rover, Dangerous Dave, Catacomb 3D and many others. Today, you just remember the
scenario of the
game but forgotten the name. But this time you are not going to play them in virtual
world but you will
play those games in real world. So, let your inner child comes back again and explore
those games in
reality. Participants will be able to learn team coordination, technical knowledge
about robot construction.
“Get Ready to Run, the Maze Was Just Beginning”.
Rules & Regulations:
Design a robot either wired or wireless within the specified dimensions that can
operated manually and
can travel through all turns of the maze. The robot that will complete the challenges
in least time will be
the winner. Think your robot can overcome any obstacle-big or small in the least
➔ Robot Specifications:
1) The maximum dimension of the robot can be 30 cm x 30cm x20 cm (l x b x h).
2) The robot may be wired or wireless.
3) The length of the wire (for wired bots) should be long enough to cover the whole
track and wire
should remain slack during the complete run.
4) Maximum weight must not exceed 5 kg.
5) The participants will be provided with 220 Volts, 50Hzstandard AC supply.
Participants will have to
themselves arrange for adaptor or batteries.
6) The machine must not be made from Lego parts, or any ready-made kit, if we find
such machine it will
➔ Batteries & Power:
1) The machine must be powered electrically only. Use of IC engine is not allowed.
2) Batteries must be sealed, immobilized electrolyte type (gel cell, lithium, NiCad,
or dry cells).
3) The electric voltage anywhere in the machine should not be more then 12V DC at any
point of time.
➔ General Rules:
1) This is maze event so fastest and most balanced robot will win.
2) Robot should be as per the given specifications.
3) Each team can have maximum three members. Students from different institutes can
form a team.
4) Each member of the team must contain the identity card of his/her respected
5) The robot should not damage the arena.
6) No test practice will be allowed on the arena.
7) The robot must not leave behind any of its parts during the run; else it will
result in disqualification
8) Unethical behaviour could lead to disqualification. Faculty co-ordinators have all
the rights to take final
decision for any matter during the event.
9) Judge's decision will be considered final.
10) Certificates of Participation will be given to all the teams that will
participate in the event, but not to
the teams which get disqualified due to disobeying any of the competition rules.
committee reserves the right to add or update any rule before start of the event.
➔ Track Specification:
1) The track surface and course line may have unevenness.
2) There will be certain obstacles in the race track which will try to slow down the
3) Arena will consist of mud, slippery surfaces, bumps etc.
➔ Game Rules:
1) The competition is based on time trail system.
2) The top team from qualifying round makes it to the next round on basis of time
3) The game is divided into 3 rounds.
➔ ROUND 1:
Participants have to reach the centre of maze in minimum time by controlling
following the path given to them in chit.
➔ ROUND 2:
Participants have to follow the directions given to them in chit and reach
the centre of the
maze in order to burst the balloon. The balloon will also have another chit that
consists of directions to
come out of the maze which must be followed by the participants.
➔ ROUND 3:
Two robots of opposite teams will enter into the maze together from opposite
side and have
to bust the balloon which is at the centre of maze while following the directions
given to them in the
3) Wires should remain slack during the course of the run. Pulling the wire to aid
the robot in traversing may lead to
4) If any of the robots starts off before start up call, the counter would be
restarted and the machines will get a
second chance. If repeated again then team will be disqualified.
5) Your robot must be ready when call is made for your team.
6) Team members will be allowed only three times to touch or reset their robots
position during the run. However,
this will lead to a time penalty and timer will not stop during this course of
7) Machine must not contain any readymade kits, pneumatic &hydraulic systems, IC
8) Decision about your robot will be taken by the organizers.
9) No team will get a second chance after completing the track with poor score.
As mentioned in the rulebook.
Date & Time:
14th-15th October - 2022, 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Venue: Ground Besides The Ship
Vinit B. Mehta
Log-in or sign-up to participate in this event.